Frequently Asked Questions - Artists, Musicians, Performers

Processing Times Involved in NIW

You can change employers any time if you are a self-applicant and will continue to work in your stated area of national interest.  But NIW priority date will take the same time as a normal EB-2 application does.  See: 

Green Card for Artists

Basically two ways: through a job offer in your field OR through your own qualifications, but only if you are nationally or internationally famous. 

Green Card for musicians

A green card through work is unlikely unless either he/she has a full-time job offer in her field or is nationally/internationally recognized.

Green Card for musicians

Green cards in music would be available possibly for two categories of individuals: those who have a permanent job in USA in their field and those who are nationally or internationally famous.

EB-1 for a visual artist

That by itself may not be enough. You need to have evidence of sustained national/international acclaim.

Australian Musician to perform in US

A "B" visa is appropriate if the artist will not be paid in USA, other than for travel and incidental expense.

Advise needed for replying visa

If you withdrew your application, you were not deported. You could apply for a work visa.

Work visa for an artist

I cannot think of any visa that could permit work for one hour a week.

B-1 visa for amateur singer

In my view, a B-1 would be appropriate because you are not engaging in any employment that would take a job away from a US worker and you are not getting paid for your appearances.