Frequently Asked Questions - EB5 Green Card

Green Card Based Upon Investment – EB-5

Watch the Video on this FAQ: Green card based upon investment – EB-5

Video Transcript:

When you are doing an investment based green card first of all you have to look at these moving parts:

Filing EB-5 Investor Case With a Promissory Note Secured by Property In a Foreign Country
Current Immigration/Visa Options for Entrepreneurs
Extension of Investor Visas, Religious Visas, Conrad 30 for Physicians

True. The EB-5, the religious visa programs and Conrad 30 waives for foreign physicians have been extended until 8 December 2017 pursuant to H.R. 601 – Continuing Appropriations Act, 2018 and Supplemental Appropriations for Disaster Relief Requirements Act, 2017.

EB-5 Visa process

See clip from Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna's conference call video that addresses this question.  

EB-5 Investment Options to Restructure A Company

That depends upon how old the business is and how you wish to structure your ownership.

Employment Based Self Application

1. Under the current laws, self-application seems not to be an option for you.

2. There are only three categories for employment-based self-application: EB-1A (Extraordinary ability alien), National Interest Waiver and EB-5, investment. There is no category I can think of under which you may qualify for self-application (without an employer's help). If you would like a consultation to understand further, join our free community conference call. A one-on-one consultation may not be necessary.

EB-5 Investment-Based Green Cards
Applying for investment visa - regional investment center EB5

Yes, of course. Especially when you are going through a regional investment center.

EB5 investment visa

I do not see why not. But check with a CPA about gift tax.

Investment based green cards

We practice US laws so I have no idea about RBI permissions. Safety of money is not guaranteed in any of the trusts that I know of. After all, this is an investment, not a fixed deposit or a CD in a bank. For businessmen with established businesses, L-1A and then EB1 is usually the better option.