Frequently Asked Questions - LCA

Labor Condition Application. This is a part of some nonimmigrant visa applications process including H-1 visas. Not to be confused with "Labor Certification" also known as PERM, which is a part of the green card process. An LCA, or Labor Condition Application, is required to be submitted to and certified by the U.S. Department of Labor as a part of an H-1B application. The LCA serves to ensure that U.S. wages will not be depressed by the hiring of the H-1B employee and that the H-1B worker will not be exploited. In the LCA, the employer guarantees that it will pay the H-1B worker the required wage, which is the greater of the prevailing wage or the actual wage paid to other employees in the same position; that the H-1B employee will not displace a U.S. worker; and that the employment will not adversely affect the working conditions of workers similarly employed in the area of intended employment.

Posting a Notice of Filing of LCA
Is it really required that we post a notice of filing of LCA at the end-client location? Can’t we just post at our offices?

Posting at the employer’s offices is not sufficient if the beneficiary is working off-site. It is required by regulations that the notices are posted in two conspicuous places at the actual location where the work is to be performed.

H-1B Employee, telecommuting/working from home
I entered US on Jan 2011 on F-1 Visa, completed my Masters and am now working for a reputed US organization since May 2012(OPT start date: May 2012, H-1B start date:Oct 2012. H-1B till: Oct 2017). My work does not require me to go to office, so I work from Home. Now I am planning to visit India next year and get my Visa stamped. My Questions are 1. Can telecommuting job cause any issue during Visa stamping? I heard someone was asked "if you can work from home, why can’t you work from India?” The organization I am working for has offices in India. 2. Do I need any extra evidence to prove that I am telecommuting, therefore not within commuting distance from my office? 3. I am married. Would you suggest going alone to India for Visa stamping and in case of rejection comeback on H-4 or will it be good to go as a family. My husband is also on H-1B

See clip from Attorney Rajiv S. Khanna's conference call video that addresses this question.

LCA for Singapore H-1B1
Do we need to send an LCA for H-1B1 Singapore quota?

Yes, you do. E-3 visas for Australia and H-1B1 for Singapore and Chile, all require an LCA.

Yes, you do. E-3 visas for Australia and H-1B1 for Singapore and Chile, all require an LCA. - See more at: