USCIS to Continue Processing Applications for Employment Authorization Extension Requests Despite Application Support Center Closures

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services announced that it will reuse previously submitted biometrics in order to process valid Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, extension requests due to the temporary closure of Application Support Centers (ASC) to the public in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This announcement is consistent with existing USCIS authorities regarding the agency’s ability to reuse previously submitted biometrics.

Applicants who had an appointment scheduled with an ASC on or after the March 18 closure or has filed an I-765 extension will have their application processed using previously submitted biometrics.  This will remain in effect until ASCs are open for appointments to the public.

Agency: 
Immigration Law : 
Green Card: 

Comments

Hi Team,

As per the recent news release of USCIS on previously usage of Biometrics for Extension of I-765, Is H4 EAD also falls into that category? My Biometric appointment got cancelled due to COVID-19 and I just want to know whether we falls into the same category so that i can let out the panic in this crumble situation.

I applied H4 + H4 EAD together and got the receipt numbers for both. But, I received Biometric notice on I-539. Many people raised similar flags. Your answer will be very helpful for applicants like me.

Regards,
Krishna Sahithi.